Friday, January 4, 2013

Blessings in disguise

 


Today was a big day for me. A very good and big day. 
My morning was spent with a member of my healthcare/support team. His name is James.
James has been helping my body get back on track over the last couple of years from issues that stem from Diabetes and Hypothyroidism.
Today, this morning to be exact... at 9:33 was approximately the conclusion of a monumental personal/physical goal. It may seem small to others that have dealt with this issue but for me it has been HUGE!
You know how they always say when it rains it pours,  things always happening at the most inconvenient times. It has been that way for me. Its been a time filled with many blessings that far outweigh the cons yet all of these things happened while going through some pretty major life adjustments. Things like going back to school, downsizing my business, getting married, depending on someone else for financial support. Many of these experiences have had big fears needing to be faced and they are all good adjustments I might add.
 
This blessing in disguise has taught me
 
*Strength through physical exhaustion
 
*Permission to fall and get back up many  times
 
*Complete vulnerability with my health care provider ...
(breakin down kind of vulnerability that was met with kindness, privacy, empathy and a box of tissues.)
 
*Monumental patience, love & support from my sweet husband
 
*Personal body acceptance
 
*learning to celebrate large and small changes and adjustments
 
*More awareness in my body & spirit
 
*And definitely a lot more participation from me
 
*Ohh and a LOT of letting go
 
It has been years of dealing with these blessings in disguise, a lot more than I realize and 
 I think this new time will be about rediscovering... well, me.
  
 


1 comment:

Kim Henkel Creations said...

Congratulations! Best wishes for future blessings, acceptance and successes. (found you through the Possibilitarian Tribe!)