Sunday, March 18, 2012

Trusting and letting go


When I was a teenager I  would spend my summers with my best friend Jacy up in Alaska where we grew up and we would spend long summer days riding horses, mucking stalls and going to rodeo's EVERY weekend. When I think of my teenage years it's those special times that are in my every memory and I cherish those sweet moments.
Even the hard lessons that needed to be learned.
 Now we are all adults living out our adult lives in ways we could not have imagined as young girls and it's a blessing to watch our lives unfold and expand in all directions.

Every now and again my husband takes me out on a riding adventure of trail riding through the desert among the Saguaro's, Cholla and the occasional jackrabbit.
Riding as an adult always conjures up memories of those times... the smell of manure, sweet hay that has just been cut, loading as many bails as we possibly could in the trailer, the sound of the leather underneath me as it makes it's noises that only leather can do.  
This past weekend I was on this ol gal named Kate, I immediately felt at ease with her as I have had my fair share of spook easy, jostling, throwing me off kinda riding experiences but with Kate ...it just felt right. We trusted each other, she was graceful and my body glided through the open desert while on her back.
It just felt goooood. it felt good to trust and it felt even better to let go.
How are you trusting and letting go these days?

No comments: