Sunday, March 4, 2012

Preparation Meets Opportunity


I noticed something about myself this morning as I was in the shower...usually where my best thoughts & ideas come. I noticed that I do things so differently in my life than I used to. I still have those great ambitious qualities now as I did then but what has changed is the follow through. It was always such a struggle to complete things. Lots of ideas were planted and thought of here and there and I would ride the wave of inspiration. Semi complete the goodness that was coming out of me yet no BIG resolution ever came.  I always felt the important thing was to follow my gut and inspiration and do what I felt needed to be done and make sure I was content/satisfied with my lil accomplishments placing no pressure on myself.
Yet over the years I have seen that all of those lil accomplishments have evolved into lots of big things that are all a part of my bigger picture.
I have especially seen this happen in faster strides over the last 4 years and I truly feel I owe that to my wonderful husband. He has shown me by example what goal setting is all about in a different light than my previous approach. Now I have so much more organization, structure and routine in my life that it is so much easier to create a goal and see it through...of course with a lil patience too (I'm still working on that one).
This is where preparation meets opportunity comes in to play. One of my long term goals has been to create a blog that truly feels it emanates me and my goodness. To be as honest as possible and to display my art & photography. Over the years I  have rode the waves of inspiration  making one post at a time showing my art & expressing my heart and now it has become a home for my perspective of how I choose to see life and live it. It houses my history, my highs, my lows and I am so happy to have it to share and also to be held accountable....(this is my opening to my next big goal:))
I am choosing to manifest something so big to me ...along with all my
 "preparation meeting opportunity" 
 I am working on getting published in one of my favorite catalogs...

 
I can't tell you how much I love this catalog! I have met fellow bloggers, become friends with fellow bloggers...all woman of art, inspiration and integrity and I want to be a part of it on a whole new level!

So here is to 2012 and all of our goals small and large.
What kinds of things are you secretly dreaming of... I would really love to know.



 


No comments: