Friday, April 15, 2011

My Kitchen Sessions

When ever I am in a deep hard  place emotionally I always feel better getting into the kitchen bare feet  and all. I'm not exactly sure how things get worked out in my head but I always end my "kitchen sessions" feeling less of a load. Almost like a purge, yes an emotional purge. The kind where you feel a burden has been lifted and you have a renewed sense of problem solving & and new perspective. Sometimes my tunes are on sometimes not, a candle is always lit and open windows are a must...if weather permits. And of course this is when our animals most want to be by my side at my feet. Teeka usually wraps her body around the corner of a wall and Max, well he is typically on the rug by the sink and has no problem not budging when I need to get to the sink. I like the energy they provide me in my kitchen sessions...like  gentle support.
What helps you in times of struggle? How do you create your space for emotional work?

No comments: