Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mill rat

That is what they call those who hang out on Mill. It is full of young and old, the super talented, the artistic, ASU students & those rebelling against society to choose a life living on the streets making it day to day on their artistic bead & necklace making talents and or music abilities. Its a small stretch of a street but it is a lil urban utopia in the middle of our desert and I have always loved this place.
 The post office always smells like ice cream and fresh made waffle cones, art festivals take up the streets with hundreds of locals perusing around.
 I once got the chance to live just two blocks away and would walk here often . It was a wonderful time in my life, my lil apartment. Very tiny , very old  but just my style.
 I have still kept in cahoot's with my ol landlord, sweetest  guy by the way. He is the kind of landlord you would want to have. He recently told me that my old apartment will be available soon. A while ago I mentioned to him that I had  been daydreaming about renting that space again and using it for my Art/Massage studio. My imagination has been running wild as he brought it up to me today and if I would be interested in actually doing it.
My ohhh my would I!
The responsible part of me is debating the dreamy part of me......who shall win.......

2 comments:

Pamela770 said...

I say go for it :) You can always begin to sell your art there :)

Unknown said...

I say go for it also. It sounds cozy cute, artsy and just YOU.
Put yourself there and they will come.
d