Sunday, February 3, 2013

Flea Market project

 
 
I found this fabulous piece at a local flea market that I make sure to go to EVERY time they have em. The gal that was selling this piece practically begged me to take it off her hands, She had gotten in Mexico out of some old church. I think I paid $7.00 buckaroos for it!
 
 
 
 
So I have had it for a while now and I've been pondering what color to paint it..(it just had a plain stain on it before I painted it yellow.)then I stumbled upon these paints thanks to my madre. I was HOOKED! Yes these paints are pretty expensive but I have to say...once you try these beauties there will be no looking back! The wax is one part of it that really make the project shine!
 
 
See how it looks aged? That's the dark wax I used
 
 
 
I found these funky lil knobs at "Sweet Salvage" for $3.00!
 I thought they would be a really good fit and they actually are :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And Now for the grand finale...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

Amy Riddle, C.C. said...

I love it! Looks great. Love the chalkboard.

Amy Riddle, C.C. said...

I love it. I love the chalkboard. Looks great!

Sandy King said...

Love this !! Great job ..

Sandy King said...

This looks great. Love it !

Ulyth said...

Stumbled on your blog from the Kelly Rae website. I have to say, Ive used Annie Sloan paints to re finish furniture as well. Im a huuuugge fan of Chalk Paints. They work beautifully.
Would love to have more followers on my blog and am open to following you too! Beautiful work btw.

Unknown said...

I love this! Really cool.