Saturday, November 3, 2012

Our Halloween

 
This year I decided to go all out on Halloween...
(don't even ask me what I spent on all the dry ice!!)
It was fun & worth every penny.
 
 
Our desert Halloween tradition is to set up our dinner table out in the front driveway and have a chili fest with those near & dear who can make it over, decorate our cactus garden with pumpkins and candles in every nook and cranny, pass out candy to all those cute babies & kiddos in our neighborhood and meet new & old neighbors.
 
 
Did I mention I made this corn bread recipie and it is to die for!
 
 
Growing up we never really did much for Halloween, but growing older &  having a home of our own ...& a community of our own I  have developed a deep sense to create traditions. Set some roots...doing these things in a way that speaks to my heart.
 Sharing my creativity with my community.
On this night  I love that we all open our homes to eachother, share a smile, chit chat. Seeing parents participate in their own childhood imagination along with their children.
 
I hope your Halloween was as fun as ours...
A
 
 

No comments: